I have a Cat 953 track loader sn 44z00362 I purchased, all the fluids and filters have been changed. The problem I am having is at full throttle if I move the drive control lever the loader will not move but if I move the throttle lever down the loader moves. The controls seem to be out of rig. Any help on this would be appreciated.
The transmission is not seeing enough flow from the charge pump. Are you sure the correct filter and oil was put in the transmission? Check the engine speed at high idle. It should be 2550 +- 60 RPM.
Yes the filter and fluid is correct. The guy I got it from had all the fluids serviced. I see if I can find a guy to check the rpm since it doesn’t have a tack.
Just because it was serviced doesn't necessarily mean that the correct fluid was used in it. This particular product range is extremely sensitive to the fluid used in the power train. Can you ask him exactly what fluid and what P/N of filter he put in it.? The filter is also critical. There are lots of filter Part Numbers that "will fit" but the correct one for almost all models is just a little different in performance to a parts house item. Also do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? If not you can download one for less than $50 from a Cat site and it contains all sorts of good information, especially where fluids, general maintenance, etc, are concerned.
I will check with him on the fluid and filter. I do not have a manual can you suggest a site where I could download one?
I’ll post up a “how to” tomorrow. Need to look up some info first.
Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest" Type SEBU5758 in the box and click Search. You should see the illustration below. $46 for a downloadable Adobe pdf file.
Did u ever find the issue
I would say if you are having the same problem you should start first by changing the transmission filter I would go with a std filter 1r0741