Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

272C Joystick Problem

Zane Payne ยท 2017-12-10 21:24

I have a 272C Cat skidsteer with 725 hours on it and the right joystick which controls bucket functions is completely dead. What do I need to check out first? Please help.

Replies11
  1. #1Mark2502017-12-10 21:41

    hi ,your machine will have a serial number prefix of RED however for accurate information I will need the full serial number or at least the range RED1 to 1359 0r RED1360 and up for starters check the fuse #9 as it supplies power to the right hand joystick and check that the ground is good Mark

  2. #2Zane Payne2017-12-10 22:32

    Serial number RED00669. Fuse #9 is fine. Where would the ground be located?

  3. #3dtcohen2017-12-11 09:37

    If your machine has an enclosed cab you may want to check the door interlock switch. If the machine thinks the door is open it will lock out the implements. This is to prevent an operator from leaving the front door open and raising the liftarm, which would destroy the door.

  4. #4Zane Payne2017-12-11 09:46

    Alrighty I will check that this morning. Thanks.

  5. #5Zane Payne2017-12-11 13:15

    The door interlock switch seems to be working fine. What next?

  6. #6Zane Payne2017-12-11 13:16

    I checked the door interlock switch and it seems to be working fine. What next?

  7. #7Zane Payne2017-12-11 19:49

    Alright. It seems that I have checked everything I can possibly find about this machine. Anyone have any other suggestions?? I don't want to call Cat out to look at it.

  8. #8Zane Payne2017-12-11 20:21

    Serial # is RED00669. Where would the ground be located?

  9. #9Jackie j2017-12-11 20:53

    Are there any fault codes? If your machine has a display hold the function button and the up button for a few seconds and it should go into service menu. If I remember correctly mode 1 is active diagnostic codes and mode 3 is active event codes.

  10. #10Zane Payne2017-12-11 22:03

    It doesn't have the display screen on the right.

  11. #11jason ganey2020-08-13 09:56

    did you ever fix this problem? I am having the same problem on my 272c but I have a explanation Mark in yellow flashing.