Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

277 cat parking brake issue

mikecat277 ยท 2017-12-10 22:59

I have a 2003 cat 277 skid steer and it's having issues with the parking brake intermittently setting. I took it to a local shop and they found that the parking brake solenoid was bypassed and the computer showed the circuit being open. the parking brake switch and lap bar switch have been replaced. seat switch is bypassed. they put a new solenoid on it and it wouldn't unlock so they took it off and here I sit with a machine that don't work. I'm thinking wiring harness issue. any suggestions???

Replies2
  1. #1Mark2502017-12-12 14:45

    serial number please do your indicator lights work ,do they come on with the key on, are they on solid or flashing mark

  2. #2mikecat2772017-12-12 17:35

    on solid cat00277hcnc00605. sometimes it won't act up but for the most part it does it all the time. I'll be working along and it will suddenly just lock up. sometimes it'll take several times of pushing the parking brake switch for it to work and others not so much.