Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

277B hydraulic drive hose

Mitch O · 2023-10-23 11:22

So, the top hydraulic drive hose burst. Out in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a pretty extensive fix. I assume by looking at it I need to remove the tracks and the squirrel cage for one end and then tilt the cabin to get to the pump to attach the other end. Anyone out there done this procedure before and could give me some pointers. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Mobiltech2023-10-23 12:26

    What’s your serial number? If it’s like my 287b you have to pull the drive motor and drive sprocket ( squirrel cage ) . You could try and get it with motor on but you increase the chance of getting dirt in the motor ports. The drive motor and cage slide ahead to loosen the track after you remove the mounting bolts on the track frame. Remove the sprocket from the motor next. You can leave the track on and just flip the motor over. The other end is under the cab. They usually blow when the track is packed full of mud just to make it interesting.

  2. #2Mitch O2023-10-23 12:44

    Don't have the seriel number handy right now but I'm sure it's just like your 287B. I say a previous thread on a 287B that goes into detail on how to R&R the hose. I think your right. The track does not have to be entirely removed but you do have to move the motor enoug to get to the hose fitting.