Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 stalls lower power? Brake on? Need help.

JamesPC35mr-2 · 2023-10-22 23:41

Hi, thanks in advance. I’m new to repairing this old equipment any equipment. I have a Bobcat 773 and a 763 bought the both recently and working through the issues. BICS a failed sent the computer in and had it rebuilt on the 773 now that works great. Now, the 773 has low power and stalls if I attempt to turn 360°, I have replaced the fuel filter The hydraulics squeal, like if the brake was on when one attempts to move with resistance.My 763 is not like the 773. 763 seems hto have more power at lower RPMs without the squeal. Amy assistance would be appreciated. The 773 will stall out at high rpm, when turning sharp in asphalt

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882023-10-23 17:46

    are you sure it's the hyd making noise and not the drive belt/trensioner?

  2. #2JamesPC35mr-22023-10-23 22:36

    Yes, I have the updated tensioner (it’s not seized), it’s pointed in the correct location the belt has tension. It sounds the same as if you try and drive it while the brake is on. It will also squeal if I turn hard, drive into a pile, when a load is put on the machine. It’s fairly easy to stall it too, if you stay in it when the RPMs drop.

  3. #3bobatack2023-10-24 06:52

    This is not good enough to convince a mechanic that the belt has enough tension to drive what its meant to drive A very good indication of belt slipping

  4. #4JamesPC35mr-22023-10-24 08:56

    Does the engine stall when the belt is slipping?

  5. #5bobatack2023-10-24 19:11

    In some cases it might But usually not if the belt is loose enough for slippage I have driven enough bobcats with belt driven pumps to know when the belt squeals then its time to adjust the tensioner or else the drive belt will soon be torn apart

  6. #6crewchief8882023-10-24 19:30

    something else, verify you have the correct part number belt for your specific serial number. there were and are a LOT of changes over the years

  7. #7JamesPC35mr-22023-10-24 21:39

    I’ll check the belt for the correct application. This doesn’t sound like a belt slipping. It sounds hydraulic to me but I’m not sure. I’ll try and post a video this weekend.

  8. #8JamesPC35mr-22023-10-28 12:22

    Here is a quick video, squeals when first moving, when load is off squeal goes away. When driving it to a pile squeal comes back and unit stalls