Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

277B Joystick

flametamer · 2021-04-23 14:13

Is there anywhere I can order a replacement joystick for a 277B other than Cat? I'm not having any luck finding any online. Dt

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2021-04-23 16:17

    What Part Number are you searching for.?

  2. #2flametamer2021-04-23 17:00

    The boot and the complete valve assembly. We can’t find a parts breakdown or anyone that will rebuild it.

  3. #3Nige2021-04-23 17:09

    OK, so you don't have a Part Number. What is the machine Serial Number and is the joystick you are looking for LH or RH.? If you open up the armrest the joystick will actually have a sticker on it with the Part Number. Itll be somewhere on the bottom part of it. I suppose at this point it might be worth asking what's wrong with the one that's in the machine now.?

  4. #4flametamer2021-04-23 19:02

    The left joystick is leaking and the boot split. CAT00277JCNC02024. I’ll have to look for a pn. I haven’t seen the machine yet. I’m just trying to help to owner find a replacement that isn’t too pricey.

  5. #5Nige2021-04-23 20:18

    No worries about a P/N. Here is the parts breakdown. Machinery trader might be a place to try.

  6. #6Nige2021-04-23 20:22

    This might interest you. Seal kits are available for Item 4 the pilot valve. The boot is also listed separately.

  7. #7flametamer2021-04-23 21:55

    Thank you.

  8. #8Nige2021-04-23 22:31

    Here's the info for the serviceable parts for both LH & RH pilot control valves.

  9. #9ThreeCW2021-05-09 21:37

    I had a similar joystick leak on my CAT 242B ... it took me a couple of attempts, but I was able to repair the leak myself. It was leaking hydraulic fluid between the shuttle valve and upper body of the joy stick. A leak repair will likely be considerably more cost effective than replacing the joy stick. See this thread for more information: HeavyEquipmentForums