Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

277B no loader functions

thefixxer · 2023-05-10 19:55

I have a Cat 277B, serial number CAT0277BKMDH04274. The problem is I have no loader functions. The right joystick is completely dead. The machine will move forward, backward, and turn no problem. The driving function on the left joystick is all normal. Both joysticks feel and move normally but the right side (loader control) will not move the bucket at all. Any ideas?

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2023-05-10 20:16

    Hydraulic implement controls at the joystick are pilot type, so no electronics involved in the output from the joystick for lift/tilt functions. Is the hydraulic lockout switch in the upper RH cab panel in the correct position.?

  2. #2thefixxer2023-05-10 22:44

    I tried it in both positions. Would that still allow machine to drive? I thought if that switch was in the wrong position it would disable the travel functions as well.

  3. #3Nige2023-05-10 23:59

    The armrest and the pressure switch in the seat base are the safety devices for the travel functions. The door switch (on machines so equipped, which I note your machine is) and the implement lockout switch are the devices designed to prevent operation of the implements. Have you checked the operation of the door switch.? The illustration below shows how it is wired. There should be continuity between Pins A and B with the door closed, and between A & C with it open.

  4. #4thefixxer2023-05-11 00:29

    I will check the door switch tomorrow. Thank you

  5. #5thefixxer2023-05-11 01:02

    I'm not sure, but I don't think it will start without the door closed which would indicate the door switch is working? I'm not certain of this as I haven't spent a lot of time around this machine. I'll check that as well tomorrow.

  6. #6thefixxer2023-05-11 11:01

    Also is there a fuse for the overhead lockout switch cuz it doesn’t appear to be illuminated at all

  7. #7Nige2023-05-11 11:15

    There is a fuse, but only for the indicator lights within the switch. The switch itself should work irrespective of whether the lights work or not. I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.

  8. #8thefixxer2023-05-11 11:52

    It appears to be the door switch. Thanks again Nige

  9. #9Nige2023-05-11 12:10

    Colour me surprised - not……

  10. #10Nige2023-05-11 13:25

    This gives me the impression that you don't have a manual. If you do your own maintenance, plus cases like this one, it would probably be the best $50 you ever spent. Here's a genuine OEM one on CD for $49 - https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=MDH04274 Or if you want an immediate download go to - https://catpublications.com/ and search for SEBU7732.