I need to find a set of tracks to fit a 277b that I can put on my ASV MD70. Since nobody sells the 55 lug ASV tracks the conversion is the Cat 277b/ASV 4500 track with 56 lugs. No problem, but OEM or Camso? Not going to get some really cheap aftermarket track with 6 month warranty. $2k per track is fine. CAT is actually cheaper than quotes for Camso. Hard to believe. Not much difference but CAT is only offering 12 month warranty. So, I’m leaning towards OEM because they are close and I hope CAT would not be selling the cheap import tracks. Is Camso a better track? Who makes the OEM? Finally the CAT 277b part number is superseded to the 267 track which oddly enough according to the CAT parts site is listed in the description as only 51 drive lugs and in the specs as 51 or 56. Can anybody confirm the 267 as 56 drive lugs? Waiting for callback from CAT with ETA but figured the experts here might have some thoughts. Thanks again for all your help.
Most oe tracks are not manufactured by the oe. They are rebrand from say like cameo or xyz just like there are only 6 battery plants that produce the worlds battery supply. The conveyer belt just forks at the end and goes two different ways to get the logo branded. Import does not bother me, its the norm these days. We seem to get the same life out of cheaper verse expensive. Tires, tracks, parts.. Its all just put in one box or another. Don't get me wrong.. There is some cheap cheap cheap junk out there but you can usually tell by the $$. If cat is cheaper and local I would go that route and take a picture for posterity since that would be the first time cat was cheaper.. Shipping tracks is not cheap since they come ltl and lift gate surcharge.