Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

279c power draw

manicmech85 ยท 2024-12-24 01:40

I have a 279c that has a power draw. I noticed after 20 min the service hour meter doesn't shut off it will when I pull the unwatched power from power relay module and will not come back on till key is on. I also noticed I get .21 volts on all fuses on the upper fuse bank. I am leaning towards the power relay module but was wondering if there is a good way to test it.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-12-24 10:45

    Do you have an electrical schematic.? A machine Serial Number gets you the appropriate one. It's probably the first thing you need when diagnosing a parasitic draw like this.

  2. #2manicmech852024-12-24 11:37

    I have the repair manual for it but I have seen better schematics drawn by a toddler. I have the repair manual for it but I have seen better schematics drawn by a toddler.

  3. #3Nige2024-12-24 13:38

    One of the $90 "eBay specials" from Eastern Europe I would imagine.? They are total *****. You have to bear in mind that a genuine OEM service manual retails new at over $1000. Check your message inbox. Genuine schematic on the way.