Changed the fuel filter. The fuel bowl only shows about 1/4 full? The machine runs good but it bothers me that the fuel bowl is not full.
In addition to the filter did you also change the screen inside #6.? For more detail please post a machine Serial Number.
S/N-0GTL02421
There was a secondary (smaller) filter that I also replaced.
Was the smaller filter located inside #6 in the illustration above.?
No.
Is it some kind of inline filter.? Can you post a photo.?
Will do.
Here is a photo of my machine.
Are the two filters arrowed in the photo the only two that you changed.? Did you use OEM elements.?
Yes to both questions.
I'm going to suggest that you remove the large filter housing complete with the head. That's the 2 bolts on top that fix it to the frame. Remove the bowl/filter element completely and then completely remove all the fittings to which the fuel lines are connected. Then blow through all the passages in the head with compressed air. It's not unusual for sediment to get trapped in those passages and restrict flow. Digressing slightly, have you ever drained the water & sediment from the fuel tank.?
Perfectly normal.
I remember that document and was looking for it without success. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the note at the bottom refer to air in the housing for the small inline screen located below the lift pump.?
Will do. And no, never drained the fuel tank.
I've confused myself.
Some units did have an inline filter. I have come across it now and then.
Attached the procedure for draining the tank. There are two possibilities of drain plug location. You'll just have to figure out which one you have. It is recommended to do it when the tank is closer to being empty than full. I would suggest a good time to drain the tank is first thing in the morning having let the fuel settle overnight. Worthwhile checking for one just in case a previous owner has slid one in there somewhere. While we're on the subject you really need to get an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Here is a link to a full copy on Scribd - https://www.scribd.com/document/738926122/SEBU9084-11-00-ALLCD-Compressed