Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

287b auxiliary hydraulics

Bdub153 · 2016-04-30 13:34

Just got a 06 287b. Everything works on machine except no flow to auxiliary hydraulics. Even when I depress the pressure relief above it will spin an auger backwards for a second then that's it. Any ideas out there.

Replies11
  1. #1Mark2502016-05-02 05:49

    serial number helps .is it B ,B2,orB3. has it optional high flow or XPS. please describe what your joysticks look like or post a photo of same, as this can help to identify your hydraulic options fitted to your machine Mark

  2. #2DIYDAVE2016-05-02 06:39

    Just a guess, at this point, but check the solenoid valve that controls the system...

  3. #3Bdub1532016-05-02 07:46

    Thanks for responses. It's not an xps. Left control has four thumb buttons and a trigger. Right has two buttons and roller and trigger. The serial number is 0zsa02192. I appreciate any help or advice. Im going to look at solenoid today. I seen there was two below cab. What about relays in back of machine

  4. #4Mark2502016-05-03 22:52

    Hi Bdub153, the right hand joystick as shown indicates that the machine has xps high flow option. maybe the joystick has been changed. What type of connectors are on the machine? are the connectors like this or like this if the machine is standard, no high flow it is possible that the ECM may have to be configured in ET to suit the joystick fitted to your machine If it is truly XPS high flow .then we can start troubleshooting your problem for either system Regards Mark

  5. #5Bdub1532016-05-04 06:46

    The connectors are like the second picture. Just a one inlet one outlet and the electrical connector. What should the joystick look like do I need to look for one of those? Is the left joystick I have correct with the four buttons. Thank again

  6. #6Mark2502016-05-04 19:45

    Bdub, the second picture indicates standard hydraulics, the joy stick should have either two buttons or a thumb wheel but not both. The aux hydraulics are operated directly by the aux ECM fitted below the floor plate. the aux hydraulics can operate in one of two modes 1/ if it has the buttons the circuits are on /off 2/if it has the thumb wheel the circuit is proportional and the hydraulic flow varies with thumb movement, the configuration of the 2 modes is only done through Cat ET .if the configuration does not suit the type of joystick fitted. the aux hydraulics will not work because the joysticks have been changed (I think) we don't know what the ECM has been calibrated for. I don't want to scare you but the early ECM's were know to fail. There are a few things we can try before condemning the ECM 1/ the Aux ECM is supplied power via relay C to fuse no 16 then to pin number one on the aux hydraulic ECM. if you are handy with a multimeter you can check this 2/ have you tried the aux hydraulics switch shown in different positions 3/ check power to the A1 and A2 solenoids .either using your multimeter or screw driver to check for magnetic attraction. To do this you need to raise the cab and operate the levers, how ever for the aux hydraulics to work this way you will have to bypass the interlock switch's which is very, very dangerous . or have some one sit in the partially raised cab to operate the controls. only the thumb wheel can be operated at this point if you have power to the solenoids at this point you have a hydraulic issue, if not it could be the joystick mode. 4/ you can temporarily re wire the joy stick to use the switch's to see if this makes any difference. just follow the schematic below and change the switch wires to reflect the same position as the joystick schematic too the right Mark

  7. #7Bdub1532016-05-04 20:11

    Mark. Thanks for all this info. More than appreciated. I will get busy and advise. Thanks again

  8. #8ianjoub2018-10-17 12:39

    Mark, which coupler is the case drain? Thanks

  9. #9Mark2502018-10-17 16:40

    Hi not sure what you meant but here is the case drain return on the connector plate and the case drain position on the hydrostatic pump case Mark

  10. #10ianjoub2018-10-17 21:38

    Thanks Mark. I blew a seal in my mulcher after I fixed the high flow hydraulics. Skidpro sent me new seals under warranty and instructions. The instructions indicated that a malfunctioning case drain would blow the seals in question. I wanted to be sure I had the lines run correctly. As it turns out, I think I am at fault. I had forgotten, but some debris hit the case drain line quick coupler and caused it to disconnect, which I noticed after I had hydraulic fluid coming from the mulcher head. I think the disconnected case drain line caused the excess pressure in the hydraulic motor and blew the seal. I wanted to make sure I had it run correctly, which I did. I will call up and confess to Skidpro and pay for the seals they sent me under warranty. Thanks again for your info!

  11. #11sterlin3182019-03-13 08:15

    Hey mark. I have a 287b xps serial number zsa03192 and it’s doing the same thing. I have no auxiliary hydraulics. I’ve checked power to the rocker switch and have power there but nothing coming out when you roll the switch. Every once in a while the interlock override light will flicker. I did have a small fire in the engine compartment that burned the wires going up the lift arm to the electrical connection at the hydraulic connector. I unplugged them and my hydraulics have worked since then but just wuit one day. Any ideas or where else I could start looking?