Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Major electrical short on ASV RC100 high flow track loader

rc100 dummy · 2016-04-30 14:13

This is my second post, where my first one was a disaster. Although I haven’t introduced myself yet, but I will. First, I am giving it another chance. We have a 2007 ASV RC100 positrack high flow loader. The electrical system is a mess. It has been quitting in a middle of a job, not starting (jumped) and the battery has been changed more than once. The starter and alternator has also been replaced. Now, there is a short, as the 80a fuse is frying. Removing the bolts from the chassis and uninstalling the fuse box, find A MESS! We live in an area with tons of red clay type dust and dirt, and I think this might have some affect to our problems. The outer shell of fuse box is full of dirt (dried mud). This could possibly add to the short. Can I disconnect the red battery cable, off the fuse box? We might have to replace the box. In addition, how do you lift the arm and the cab up, without having hydraulics and power? Is there someone out there, who experienced the same problem? Please let me know!!! I read some of the posts on skid steer loaders and we have about 90% of the same problems, except we didn’t take care of it right away. Now we are paying the price. Someone please help! In advance, thanks ATC

Replies1
  1. #1bartelbe2016-05-02 18:03

    Only way to raise the loader arms up with out engine power is to disconnect the rod end hose on the loader arm cylinder and use a forkifilt,crane or some other lifting device to lift the arms up. also another common issue is the diode in the fuse box if installed backwards the alternator will not charge and also drain the battery down. A common short is the battery cable that runs alone the bottom of the hydraulic tank tend to rub through on the p-clamp used the secure it .