I have a problem with my 287c CAT0287CLMAS00523 loader. The hydraulics will maintain in continuous flow high or low for about 15-30 seconds. Then hydraulics for attachment will pauses for around 10 seconds and the cycle repeats itself over and over. No other systems are affected.Is this a symptom of a worn charge pump or auxiliary pump?
Asking the same question again doesn't change the original answer............. You need to do a proper diagnostic on the electrical/electronic side first. 297C continuous flow I have a 297C skid steer that I purchased a few years back s/n# 0297CVGCP01214. I recently purchased a mulcher and was having problems getting the high flow to come on. I realized that I need the plug and to jumper F and G to get the high flow to come in. my problem is now that I got my high... HeavyEquipmentForums
I am sorry to be such a pain I am new to all of this, can you please send me your original message?, or give me instructions on how to find your message.
As I said above, you will need to check out the electronic side first. Do you have a digital multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle.?
I have fluke 87 that measures hz
I have the same meter. Press the Hz button twice and the logo in the RH side of the window will change from Hz to %. That's duty cycle. On this machine you will have to set the voltage range to the 60v DC scale because the power to the sensors is 8.0v. This is above the only other voltage range which is a maximum of 6v DC. Locate the two harness connectors (6-pin & 12-pin) under the RH joystick. Focus on Pins 1, 2, & 3 of the 12-pin connector. You will have to backprobe those three wires at the connector to take measurements. 1. Measure the voltage across Pins 1 & 2 with the key ON. It should be 8.0+/-0.5 volts. 2. Measure duty cycle between Pins 2 & 3. With the thumbwheel roller in the centre the reading should be around 50%. Roll it fully one way then fully the other and record the % readings. Make sure it consistently gives the same % values. 3. Then run the AUX from the thumbwheel while monitoring the % reading on your DMM. When the AUX flow temporarily stops keep an eye on the duty cycle reading and report your findings.
Across pin 1&2 I get 8.16vdc with key on. For some reason I can’t get my meter to adjust to 60 it will adjust to 40 and with thumb wheel forward I get 49.3 in the center and 20.6 fully forward and 78.4 reversed. Running Mucher head with thumbs wheel forward I don’t see a voltage drop across pins 2&3 staying constant at 20.8 but hydraulic supply stops and starts back about 15 seconds later.
So long as the setting you use on your meter is more than 12 (which is system voltage) that will work. Those numbers sound about right. In the ball park certainly. So you have proved there is no drop-off in signal at the thumbwheel switch end when the auxiliary hydraulics act up. What you now have to do is use the electrical schematic and find wire P996-GN at the ECM end of the wiring harness. Then repeat your test of thumbwheel signal to prove that what is leaving the joystick connector is also arriving at the ECM. It is on Pin 25 of ECM connector J2. While you are in there unplug both 70pin connectors at the ECM, inspect for the presence of green crusties anywhere, then give them a good dose of aerosol contact cleaner.