I got a 1996 1845c and auxiliary hydraulics developed a leak and decided to split the cab to make my life easier troubling the issue. I plan on keeping this skid loader for at least 10 years or more. Current items on my list -replacing all the auxiliary lines and adding abrasion resistant sleeves -going to clean and reseal the parking brake system -try and check the ujoint engine condition My question is what preventive maintenance items should be completed now that I have the cab apart?
That's a good list to start with. Ujoint is a frequently overlooked item and parking brakes are a problem area. Keeping the bellypan clean will go a long way. Keep the parking brake pins lubed and make sure they release properly. Chain cases will get water in them. Might be worth making sure the covers have good seals on them. Best thing to do is park it inside out of the weather if you can.