Have a 2010 287c When using the brush cutter it will not keep a continuous flow when moving forward. As soon as I put pressure on the joystick the flow will cut out to the brush cutter and the second I let go of the stick it spins back up to full speed. Any ideas?
Got a Serial Number.? I'd like to take a look at the electrical schematic but there are different ones depending on the machine S/N. EDIT: Take a look at the area around the 12-pin connector under the joystick. Pay particular attention to the Orange and the Black wires in Pins 11 & 12. Do you have a connection that is making/breaking when the joystick is moved away from the neutral position.?
Cat287cpMas00615. I believe The flow will also stop if I use the wheel on the other side when moving forward. I will check the wires and verify in the morning
Also the continuous flow light doesn’t shut off and I don’t have to start the continuous flow when back in neutral it will automatically start spinning the cutter up again. But will check those wires
It's got me confused TBH. The pushbutton switch on the LH joystick handle should only have to be pressed once to start continuous flow, then released. So the ECM is not looking for any sort of long-term signal from that switch to maintain continuous flow AFAIK. Do you have the RH instrument panel that lets you view Diagnostic Codes.?
I do have a code 1936-5 is the only active code there’s is a handful under the saved codes. I think it says it’s a solenoid
I’ve been looking to find the ohms to test that solenoid but I can’t and don’t have the books
Hydraulic System High Pressure Solenoid_ Current below normal
So I fixed that it was not plugged in. Code went away and no codes show, but still loose hydraulic pressure on brush cutter when moving forward. Also turning gets jerky and reduced movement can’t even get on trailer.
First time this has been mentioned. Is this a new symptom that has just developed or was it there before.?