Hey everyone I’m having a issue with the left drive motor on my 289c2 the problem I’m having is the drive motor is getting stuck trying to spin forward I have to move the joystick into reverse and it frees up then is fine again until u come to a complete stop then it locks up trying to go forward again other then this the drive is completely normal with no storage noises or issues I have pulled the hub cover no issues with gears or anything I had the drive motor takin apart and re sealed no issues found with swash plate / brake assembly the unit sound is like it’s loading up and bogs down the engine when it’s stuck
Is the drive motor locking up or is it the track? Did you find any metal in the oil when you took it apart?
Track is off the machine just drive motor free to spin with no track the drive works perfect in both forward and reverse but if u come to a complete stop and try to go forward again it won’t spin it make a noise like the hydraulics are dead heading then u go reverse and forward again and it spins no metal or anything in the drive and when it’s spinning sounds perfect
IIRC your machine has the optional RH display that allows you to read Diagnostic Codes. Have you looked at that yet.? When you enter Service Mode the first shun-mode that appears is Active Diagnostic Codes.
Yes it dose machine shows 2 stored codes for left drive speed sensor but they are not active codes no other codes
Have you removed the LH speed sensor and checked for metal contamination on the nose end of it.? That would be a logical next step. Also try getting up the sub-mode for Active Codes on the screen and then operate the machine to reproduce the fault. Do any Active Codes pop up under those circumstances.? This may require testing in two stages, the first with the panel on Active Codes and the second with it on Active Events. The chances are that what you see Logged with the machine stopped might just change to Active when it moves. Worth checking anyway.
I have pulled the speed sensor it looks fine with no metal it almost sounds like the hydraulic stuck like when you move the stick forward you can hear the drive load up but won’t spin until I move it to reverse then it’s fine again till I come to a complete stop
OK, so the sensor has been checked. Do any Codes or Events go Active when the machine is moved in such a way as the fault is reproduced.?
No
In that case the next step would be to remove the hydraulic filter and cut it open looking for sparklies, or replace the drive motor.