Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D DPF differential pressure supply voltage

Micah 1989 ยท 2024-10-01 13:41

Cat 289D S/N TAW10455 I'm wondering what the supply voltage should be on the differential pressure sensor. Not signal voltage. The reading I am getting is 3.9 volts I feel like it should be 5v but I don't know. Question number two: Does anybody have my machine electrical schematics. On another post someone shared one but I am not sure if it's the correct one. The attached file below is the one I'm talking about. Thank you

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2024-10-01 14:07

    Not it's not. It only covers TAW machines up to S/N 4108. Keep an eye on your message inbox. Normal voltage for that type of sensor on a Cat machine is 8v but this particular engine might be different because AFAIK it's made by Kubota. Let me check......... You mean this one, right.?

  2. #2Micah 19892024-10-01 14:34

    Yes that is correct.

  3. #3Micah 19892024-10-02 10:41

    I was doing some more testing last evening and pin number one with key on machine off is 5 volts. Signal is .7 or .8 volts. Just for kicks I also tested the boom position sensor. Supply voltage is 5 volts also.

  4. #4Nige2024-10-02 10:56

    Do you have a DMM that measures duty cycle.? Usually these sensors are PWM type and output a form of square wave signal rather than a voltage. Still waiting for confirmation of the engine sensor supply voltage. Remember that voltage is generated internally in a different ECM to the machine and they may not be the same. A quick look at the machine ECM shows that the sensor power supply for non-engine sensors is 8v. In fact some sensors such as the lift position (boom angle) sensor is actually supplied with battery voltage, unless the electrical schematic is drawn wrong. Was that the one illustrated below you were measuring.?

  5. #5Micah 19892024-10-02 13:48

    Yes that is the one. I don't see on the schematic where it shows what voltage it should be.

  6. #6Nige2024-10-02 13:51

    Read the table on the message I sent to you......... Failing that foillow the supply back to wherever it comes from.