Hello, I have a 289D TAW05949 I am having a strange hydraulic issue with. Machine starts and runs fine, all functions work. At idle and when working the engine is under a load and you can hear the hydraulics under pressure making a strange noise. It is enough of a load to noticeably rob power from the machine under normal operation. You can do one of two things to temporarily get rid of this noise: 1) Very slightly move the right joystick to raise the bucket but don't actually raise it and the noise goes away until you release the joystick. 2) Rev the machine to full throttle then back to idle and the noise goes away until you touch the right joystick again. Any pointers on where to start diagnosing? I feel like i have a valve slightly shifted off center but am not sure where to start checking. I have access to ET to check parameters.
Use ET to check the duty cycle of the left/right and front/rear position sensors on the RH joystick. In the centre/neutral position they should both read exactly 50%. If they don't then a calibration is in order as a first step. Do you have any Diagnostic Codes showing.?
Thanks Nige i will check that, No DTC active. Is calibration possible with customer ET or is it a dealer only procedure?
Customer ET should be able to do it. The only thing it won't do is upload new software. Also it won't make any Configuration changes that require factory passwords unless you have a contact that can get them for you. See attachment. Select any/all calibrations that you think might apply and do them one at a time.
See attached joystick duty cycle screenshot. I will try the calibration and report back.
It seems that both joysitcks are a hair off in the fore/aft reading. Try re-calibrating both of them and see where that gets you.