Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New/Used Track loader

Terry R ยท 2022-02-28 17:11

From the wealth of experience on these forums what is going to be the best route for a Track Loader buying new or used? I am soon to be in the market for a 10000lb machine and wondering if any experienced people have anything to say about their idea of the best direction to go? Also feel free to mention favorite brands and ones to stay away from? Thanks in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2022-02-28 22:38

    There is no one answer. I chose Kubotas and Takeuchis. They both have deficiencies, but I can't complain about either. Those are the only ones that have the self storing windshield. What do you plan to do with it? Mulcher, rockhound, brush hog?

  2. #2Terry R2022-02-28 22:49

    I am building a new home on a steep slope and will meed to be moving rock, grading loading dump trailers ect. I alo really love the versatility of a track loader for a trencher and the like. Would you suggest a hi flow hydraulic model?

  3. #31693TA2022-03-01 03:34

    We formerly installed a lot of grounding/bonding packages, and relocations with our "digger" having a Takeuchi tracked machine. it had a quick attach backhoe and assortment of buckets. The self storing door made it easy to move the machine from the backhoe attachment seat without getting off the machine at all for repositioning. I never ran it but it sure was slick with some of the attachments he had. He also had a mini excavator but this CTL with all the attachments was so broadly effective it was the preferred unit to transport and rent an excavator locally when needed.