Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D NOT TRACKING STRAIGHT

Arcs&Sparks · 2022-06-11 18:12

Having problems with Cat 289D Skid steer not tracking straight while moving joystick forward machine wants to pull right. Just replaced left joystick base due to sensor codes preventing machine from releasing park brake, figured that would also correct problem which it didn't. Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1Tripowerpaving2022-10-29 20:28

    I think on joystick is servo controls and need to be calibrated that’s beyond my I only work on the other old style but seen they need calibration try a dealer

  2. #2Nige2022-10-30 07:10

    Can you post a Serial Number and a list of the Codes that you had before replacing the joystick base. Have you had Codes checked since replacing the base.?

  3. #3Nige2022-10-30 08:23

    I'm assuming the machine is not equipped with an Advanced Display in the RH side instrument panel.?