Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299d finally arrived

Stick Pro ยท 2012-12-26 22:53

Our 299d arrived finally, today was the first day I worked it. This machine has plenty of power, it is very smooth to operate. The visibility is not as good as our 289c out the rear but it is not as bad as it looks like it would be. I have a couple of photos of her. I will try to get some working pics of her tomorrow.

Replies9
  1. #102Dmax2012-12-26 23:08

    Keep an eye on the tracks, Had 3 customers with new ones and they've all slid a track off within the first 40 hrs. I doubt they paid much attention but apparently those tracks stretch quite a bit. lol

  2. #2Digdeep2012-12-26 23:35

    I'd 2nd that and go ahead and ask the dealer to offer you the triple flange idlers to help with keeping the tracks on if you're working in hilly terrain. I have a buddy that has a 299D XHP that he brush cuts with and he got the triple flange on the front and rear and hasn't had a problem. I really enjoyed operating it. Very impressed with the power and the hydraulics and they have really nice cabs.

  3. #302Dmax2012-12-26 23:44

    Ya, one of my customers does brush also, he's got it tinted out. Very nice machines.

  4. #4slowstep2012-12-27 05:35

    Now, thats one fine looking machine, you can definitely get some work done with that . congrat.----I guess envious would be the word.

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2012-12-28 06:25

    Thats NICE!

  6. #6Dinger492012-12-30 12:40

    Awesome looking machine. Hope it works as good as it looks.

  7. #7caleb72102012-12-30 14:48

    Great looking machine! They had a couple black editions at the dealership in town this summer, I wish I knew where they went.... lol

  8. #8Stick Pro2012-12-30 21:47

    After the first week of having her it has been a good week. So far no complaints, got used to the return to fig feature, I use this all the time just click a button and it lowers and curls the bucket to your desired position. Not a real big fan of the dual self level, I think I need to get used to this feature, time will only tell on this one. I have a lot of concrete to jackhammer tomorrow, and a hundred post hole to drill, I will keep everyone informed on how it is doing.

  9. #9durallymax2013-01-02 11:45

    Is the dual leveling not functioning well or just takes awhile to get used to. I never really notice it on our loaders, miss it when I get into a skid. The return to dig and return to work tool position I think would be nice as would the electronic throttle dial versus the sloppy hand throttle on the C series.