Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D Hydraulic Connections for Tilt

Jeffrey Bandel ยท 2022-03-25 10:03

CAT0299DLGTC00836 I had to remove the hydraulic lines for the bucket tilt and didn't take good enough pictures. I cannot remember where the flow and return lines hook up to the manifold. Does anyone know?

Replies8
  1. #1Jeffrey Bandel2022-03-25 10:16
  2. #2Jeffrey Bandel2022-03-25 10:19
  3. #3Jeffrey Bandel2022-03-25 10:22

    I'm trying to figure out where the two hoses in the first picture hook up to the two empty ports in the second picture.

  4. #4Acoals2022-03-25 10:45

    Start the machine, and bump the control a little and see which hose has oil. If you bump the stick to the center, as in curling the bucket back, the line that sprays oil should connect to the lower, or piston end fitting on the cylinder. Maybe stick the ends in a bucket and have somebody hold them in so you don't get too much of a mess.

  5. #5Acoals2022-03-25 10:47

    It isn't "flow and return" as such, because there is only flow when the control is activated. Return alternates depending on whether you are commanding curl up or curl down. When no operation is commanded via the control there is no flow.

  6. #6Jeffrey Bandel2022-03-25 10:59

    OK. When I do curl up, oil comes out of one hose. Do I hook that up to the circuit that I have capped in the picture?

  7. #7Acoals2022-03-25 11:00

    Yes sir.

  8. #8Jeffrey Bandel2022-03-25 11:05

    Perfect. Thanks!