Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D hydraulic problems

Danfromcomo ยท 2020-09-12 18:14

First of all thanks for the help locating the wires to jumper to enable the high flow I now have tge indicator light coming on the instrument panel. I purchased a new Loftness 71G4 mulcher and the service man came out to adjust the pump on ot to work with my CAT but he could never get it to turn the mulcher the required rpm's and advised me to take it to a Cat dealer and have them check the flow. I did notice the last time I used the cat it was like the joystick lever to lower the lift arms was out of adjustment or something because if I returned the right joystick to the center position it would lower the lift arms to the ground and then depending on the tool, it would raise the cats front end. So its not just leaking down its like I'm pushing the joystick forward. I went to test all movements and when I raised the lift arms all the way a gouple of times it got stuck and two indicators came on, the driver indicator was flashing and the engine earning was on solid. The cat will turn l-r and move f-r but no lift controls on the r joystick will work when it's hung in the air. After it sit for a couple hours and leaked down some I went back and it would work properly again but when I raised it all the way it hung up again. I feel like whatever is going on is not letting my high flow operate at 32 GPM like it should. Any ideas before I take it to CAT on Monday?

Replies0

No replies yet.