Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D Tracks are shot

Jeffrey Bandel · 2021-09-28 11:00

CAT0299DLGTC00836 My tracks are toast. Looking for recommendations for replacements. I need something pretty aggressive.

Replies13
  1. #1Tags2021-09-28 18:26

    When I replaced the tracks on my SVL90 I wanted these but there was a wait time... https://www.tracksandtires.com/machines/rubber-tracks/ctl-tracks/.....I ended up with the these and have been happy so far.... https://www.tracksandtires.com/machines/rubber-tracks/ctl-tracks/

  2. #2CM19952021-09-28 19:21

    Go back with Cat OEM which is Bridgestone IIRC. I've been running CTL's since the first 2001 T190 I bought new. Just replaced the OEM tracks on our oldest 279D 2016 model with 2K hours on the clock. The OEM tracks did not fail but had nothing left to offer for traction. We have never gotten 2K hours out of a set of tracks on a CTL in 20 years of owning them. Our CTL's run the gamut of surfaces and operating environments from asphalt paving to concrete demo so the tracks get abused. Cat OEM tracks are roughly double the cost of aftermarket tracks but well worth the money. The most hours I've gotten out of aftermarket tracks on the original T190 and 2 - T250's was 500 hrs. Be sure to change the sprocket segments when you change tracks regardless of brand you choose. A worn sprocket with accelerate wear on a new set of rubber trucks.

  3. #3heymccall2021-09-28 23:40

    We broke EVERY bridgestone track on our 2 864H (T190 by the number change) Bobcats before 600 hours. I put on Avon tracks and never looked backed. Happiest day at work (I think) was auction day when all 3 863G and both 864H went to auction. I run mostly ITR tracks, but just put a set of Rio Rubber tracks on my SVL75. It had ITR tracks that didn't live up to the standards that ITR set on the other sets of ITR tracks here. Oh, and avoid Value Track (V-track). I've never before and never again seen a set of elastic tracks. Couldn't keep them on my TB53FR (3k hours at the time) no how. Machine now has over 10k hours.

  4. #4Jeffrey Bandel2021-09-29 09:02

    How do these sprockets look?

  5. #5CM19952021-09-29 09:17

    Time to replace with the tracks. I stand by my statement above. Probably buy another set for our second/newer 279D at the end of the year if we need an extra expense for tax purposes.

  6. #6Jeffrey Bandel2021-09-29 10:40

    OK. I can't find the Bridgestone IIRC. Is that a direct from Cat buy?

  7. #7heymccall2021-09-29 14:04

    I typed in 279C Bridgestone track" 3rd hit. Priced per side.

  8. #8Jeffrey Bandel2021-09-29 14:29

    I found Bridgestone tracks as well, not IIRC. Until I figured out *** IIRC means...

  9. #9BVavra2021-10-01 21:22

    HAHAHA. IIRC stands for "if I remember correctly". It's not a brand or anything, it's an internet shorthand abbreviation.

  10. #10CM19952021-10-01 23:24

    Easy there newcomer and welcome to the Forums. There is a ton of information to be learned here on HEF with some very knowledgeable people, I learn something new pretty much every time I log in.

  11. #11grandpa2021-10-02 07:19

    The worst application on tracked machines in my opinion is crushed rock. It eats them from the inside and outside.

  12. #12CM19952021-10-02 11:07

    f The only things that rivals crushed rock in its destructiveness is broken brick and concrete blocks on a concrete slab. It's like Freddie Krueger in a playground.

  13. #13ih1002021-10-15 15:34

    Running on soil, 289 and 299 we’re just limping to 2000 hours. 259’s are worn out at 1800, 239 at 1500 hours. We ran one 257 and the tracks were totalled at 900, along with the drive cage, all rollers and idlers. Six times the price of tracks and sprockets on a 299 here in the UK.