Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299d2 xhp 2204-3 code

Bigdog299d2xhp · 2023-05-13 12:52

Hi y’all, I just purchased a Cat 299d2 xhp Have had it 3 months and it has worked fine. I went to use my 418 cat mulcher and the high flow would not engage (icon will not go from blinking to solid). I ran machine diagnostics and found 2204-3 auxiliary lever number one position sensor voltage above normal. The serial number is DX205072 if this helps out. I am looking for location of the sensor and also any trouble shooting procedures. Thank you in advance!!

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-05-13 13:12

    Attached is the troubleshooting procedure.

  2. #2Bigdog299d2xhp2023-05-13 13:24

    I will study this and give it a shot. Thank you!!!!!

  3. #3Nige2023-05-13 13:31

    If you think an electrical schematic for the complete machine would be of assistance just ask.

  4. #4TravisViolette2023-05-14 17:27

    Can I get that schematic? Also would replacing the roller switch fix this problem?

  5. #5Nige2023-05-14 17:35

    Post a Serial Number to identify the appropriate schematic for your machine. Carrying out the troubleshooting procedure will indicate what needs to be replaced. For all you know it could be a wiring fault. If I had $5 for every time someone said “I’ve replaced a sensor/switch/whatever and it still doesn’t work. What should I do now.?” I’d be rich.

  6. #6TravisViolette2023-05-14 19:00

    CDX205072

  7. #7TravisViolette2023-05-14 19:01

    How can I tell if it’s a wiring fault?

  8. #8Nige2023-05-14 19:17

    I’ll send you the correct schematic. By carrying out the troubleshooting procedure which is an pdf file attached to Post #2 above.