Hopefully I can repair this myself. Otherwise I'm seeing lots $$$ leaving my wallet. This is the cable leading to the display and the ignition switch. The help I could use is one of two things: a) a wiring diagram for my dozer (KMM00461) and/or b) a service manual image that might show me if the whole dash (not just the display) is removable. I could get at these wires a whole lot easier if I wasn't working in a hole. Any help you guys might give would be appreciated.
Sent you the electrical schematic. Unfortunately service manuals are usually pretty light on info regarding how to get dash panels apart.
The dashes aren’t too bad to get apart there are a couple of bolts and it swings down to give you more room The schematic will list the harnesses on the machine and you can buy the damaged one usually.
What an incredible site this is. Thank you Nige and thank you JD955SC. This will actually help me solve my intermittent blade angle sensor problem as well!!! HUGE THANK YOU!
If your blade angle sensor is creating a Diagnostic Code then please post it here. In all probability there will be a Troubleshooting Procedure for it.
Actually I had a previous thread that discussed many codes I was getting. A person (maybe it was you!) sent me this document. I have not been able to track this one down yet. Again wonderfully helpful document (and site!)
That procedure should set you on the right track. The electrical schematic will help identify wire numbers and colours if need be.
2 words will solve future problems.." moth balls"....the old fashioned type..just a few placed in the tight spots of equipment will keep all those chewing critters away....I had mice problems till putting them in equipment, ride on mowers etc, they are cheap and work great, the moth balls slowly disappear so every 6 months just put a few more in..also in your shop or sheds they work great..just dont use in any sealed up area you have to work in as im sure the fumes over time would not be good for humans or animals..
Yeah I’ve heard about the moth ball thing. I haven’t tried it yet but hey pretty cheap experiment. I’ve heard the same thing about peppermint oil. Something about the smell they don’t like.
I kid you not, buy some Irish Spring soap and shave off pieces in those compartments.
Maybe not the right thread but it's a little related. I looked for the replacement harness on parts.cat.com but came up empty handed. I find it very hard to browse the parts on that site. The schematic lists the harness I want as "FC" but obviously that isn't the correct part number. I can't figure out a way to translate from schematic to part. Is there a document I can search for that connects the two?
As soon as I clicked "Post Reply"... I think I found it by digging from the top down - 327-6175 HARNESS AS-DASH There has to be a better way.
That's a pretty expensive solution for your problem - about $260-ish.
LOL....I had bars of irish spring that the mice ate most of, they like the fat that the soap is made of....that was about 10 years ago, maybe they changed the formula by now... the reason mice like eating the insulation off wire now is its made with a plant based soy....like alot of plastics are being made of today, that would also explain why the critters chew up all kinds of plastics now... A friend of mine had a jeep that he drove evryday, some mice mad it a home and chewed up a bunch of stuff and he had to put mouse traps inside the vehicle to catch them, I laughed my *** off but he wasnt too happy, they can do some damage to a vehicle..
It’s plan B if the repairs don’t go as planned.
In the schematic there is a little table listing the harness letter code with the part number it translates to.
you are correct sir. Bottom right-hand corner of the page. Just didn't see it. I was looking for an index at the end. Thanks.