Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3 Point Adapter in place of Backhoe Bucket

Scout_1969 ยท 2010-09-13 11:58

Has anyone tried to fabricate or know of a manufacturer of a 3 point adapter to use 3 point implements in place of the backhoe bucket? I was thinking of using a box scraper, scraper blade and york rake for now, my JD 310b. I could get the special items at TSC and fab it up, just wanted to see if anyone has attempted this before. If so, how well did it work and some pictures would be great. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042010-09-13 12:32

    I've been planning to do this for ten years, and will, as soon as I get a round tuit. So far I've only found square tuits. M two thoughts on how are: take a 3ph quick hitch ( a couple hundred $s at TSC) and fab brackets and ears to attach it to hoe. Or, my other idea is to make a mirror image of the implement hitch, and use flat bar with holes in it on the pins. If you do it let us know how it works out, with pics.

  2. #2Scout_19692010-09-20 10:15

    Looks like I need to experiment a little. Thanks

  3. #3davidd2010-09-20 12:13

    I am at a bit of a loss here as what is being attempted. For example would a box blade be put on the dipper and then the hoe driven dragging the blade behind. Or sit and use the dipper to manuiplate the box blade. It would seem that dragging the blade and driving around would put undue stress on the dipper etc.

  4. #4capt_met2010-09-20 12:20

    I have a box blade on a quick attach hitch for the loader end of my backhoe. it has worked out great so far. only downside is running in reverse to use it. still is not much of a problem and i would rather have it up front where i can use the float mode.

  5. #5Digger Dan2010-09-20 22:54

    Just grab an old tractor round gearbox the with your thumb and viola, a bit getto but you will see if you like it or not

  6. #6Scout_19692010-09-22 06:22

    I mainly was thinking of using the attachments while sitting, but the thought did occur to use some while moving, like say a york rake or scraper blade, like to widen path while snow plowing. I wasn't sure if using them while moving was a good idea. Any thoughts would be appreciated? The main thing would be to use the york rake in areas inaccessable to the tractor. Other attachments like a boom pole and maybe a sub-soiler could be useful. Right now I use an I beam chained to the backhoe teeth for grading slopes and areas tough to work with the front bucket. It's two feet wider than the bucket but really doesn't carry or pick up much material. I could get a wider cutting edge and bolt on or something, but I was thinking a box blade would work real well or a scraper blade, maybe with sides cause it could angle. The front hitch has some possibilities, maybe I could clamp and/or chain a 3 point adapter to my front bucket. I don't have a quick tach but maybe I could fab something to work with my 4-1 bucket. Thanks.