Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3 Speed Travel Problem on Case 9030B

Casetractorman ยท 2013-03-16 20:17

So my old faithful Case 9030B has a travel speed issue .. the switch does work .. the travel speed indicator does cycle .. but the ground speed does not change .. Wondering if there is a solenoid that activates the swash plate that may possibly be bad .. I am all mechanical and not so much electrical .. Anyone have any thoughts ...

Replies2
  1. #1finaldrive2013-03-22 18:35

    What pressure are you getting at the 2 speed port on the motor? First, I'd make sure that you are getting the proper oil pressure to shift the swash plate. Is it only on one side or is both sides not shifting?

  2. #2Casetractorman2013-03-26 16:22

    I will check the pressure at the motor .. and to answer your question, neither side shifts .. I assumed since neither side shifted that it was and electronic issue vs. a pressure or pump issue