So, I like having everything working on my equipment, especially the safety equipment. My 120-5, has never had a working travel alarm. So I removed the old one, and installed a new one today. The good news is, is that it works. Really well. Even when your not moving, and the key is off. :Banghead So anyways, how the old one was wired was that there was a hot wire going directly to the alarm. The ground wire is coming off from what I'm guessing is some sort of pressure switch. (The second pic). If that's the correct way that these alarms are wired, it leaves me to believe that the pressure switch is bad. What strikes me as odd though, is that I thought on the 120-5s, the lowest button on the counsel is the alarm on/off switch. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/pp13bnos/pic1.jpg The pressure switch goes down to this. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/pp13bnos/pic2.jpg Any help would be great.
Well I guess I'll swing by the hydro shop on monday and pick up a new pressure sensor. Hope that will fix it.
You are welcome to have my travel alarm!! LOL.
The button on the console I believe is to silence the alarm for such things as coolant overheat or low oil pressure, not the travel alarm. Did you use an ohm meter to check the switch to see if it is bad?
Just out of curiosity, are the four wires at the alarm connector?
Ooops, double post.
Nope there was only two wires. I did test the pressure switch and it came back good, so I traced a wire down that had been rubbed through, and was creating the ground. Easy fix, and pretty cheap. I suppose I should have checked the the wiring first, considering the hours and age of the machine. BTW, thanks scrapper for clearing that up for me. Dang consul is covered in Japanese!
I have another question, concerning how to adjust the relief for the thumb. As it sits right now, the thumb will overpower the bucket. I'm guessing this picture is the relief, and I just back it out until the bucket over powers the thumb?
Yes backing the bolt out on the relief valve should cause the valve to open at a lower pressure.
Thanks. I'm going to get this thing in tip top shape yet.