I have a hitachi ex300lc-3 i have never thought anythhing about but ive been looking at threads on this forum since i joined and relized maybe using 120-140 GPH is a bit much what does your guys 30-tons or close to use in a day. This is in a 10 hour day and light soil some times medium. Also being an Hitachi I got power modes I,L,E,P. I believe it is can you do soft to medium digging in "E" with out doing harm to the machine I normally run on "P".
120-140 gph??? There must be a leak. I got between 5-6 GPH on my 1996 PC300 for loading trucks in a quarry. Every 2 days (10hr shifts) I put in about 100-110 gallons.
The only leak I know of is is thew stick cylinder which is very little but ya I think I'm joing to find out what's causing this there a new create motor last fall probably around 300hrs on it but still seams to be about the same something I might try is getting some road fuel fuel somewhere and see how that work now I know why its so expensive
WHAT???? Did i read that right 120 gallons per hour ....Can't see that happening unless theres a siphon hose going somewhere you don't know about ....Sir thats pert near 1000 gallons a day ...not so ..
No no lol its 120-140 gallons a day so about 12-14 gph
Gees, I thought you meant 120-140 an hour also! But still 12-14 gals an hour seems high even for a machine that size! How is the machines preformance?? Is it smoking bad etc?
Runs like a top, power out the a** I have no complaints that way its a 1995 bought it new off the lot 1998 with 1.3 hours on it 14,000 on it now
12-14 gph seems a little excessive. Ive got a similar sized machine with a naturally aspirated 12L engine and I'm fairly certain it uses 6-7 gph.
My next question is can I operate on "E" mode without causing damage to anything if so ill try that and see how my fual consuption is then thank you for your help
Why are you worried about damaging something in economy (E) mode?
Well I didn't know if running in "E" mode would make the pumps work harder but if its safe then ill try it tomorrow and see how it does on fuel then
Im with these guys on that 12-14/hr being high. My 1979 Cat 235 burns about that much and those are known to be hard on fuel. I am no expert on power modes but I do believe it will not hurt anything to run it in the E mode. If it did harm the machine they would not have made it an option. If anything it may move a little slower in that mode. Still seems like you should be burning about half that much fuel. I also have a Hitachi UH083 and it burns 3.5-4 gal/hr, I know it is a smaller machine, but it still seems like you are burning a lot of fuel.
So I ran it on E mode today all day with auto idle on and it worked out to 6-8 GPH wow not ise to this I'm very sureprised to how much change it made and not much power lost if any. Going to redo my pumps in the next week or so and should gain some more from that
Glad to hear you got that drinking problem sorted out. You´ll probably notice more of a difference in performance between P and E when you´re digging at max depth. You cycle time will be a little slower in E.
I'm not going to complain about that we get paid by the hour right. Also I love the fuel saving wow I charge $130 an hour and wow I love the extra 250 a day lol