Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

300 D backhoe

jmboutin ยท 2019-01-04 07:47

Have a 300D that wont start, I am not a mechanic, when turn key if gives 1 loud audible click,,, I replaced batteries and does the same thing... any ideas on what to check next??? thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2019-01-06 00:04

    Is this a John Deere? or what? It could have a relay that's clicking and not getting power to the solenoid on the starter. Or it could be the solenoid is clicking, but the contacts inside the solenoid are burned out and not making contact, or the starter is burned out, the brushes are stuck... I'd start with an alligator clip on the big wire/bar/cable between the solenoid and the starter motor body and see if that gets voltage while you hold the key to start, if not, move back to the little wire on the solenoid and see if that gets voltage while you hold the key to start. Is this a new problem? new machine with no history?