Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland 655e charging system

Mbar · 2019-01-03 19:58

Hey everyone, new to the forum and have came across something I need some info on. I’m dealing with a 655e, serial number 031010597 (data plate is worn so that may be the wrong number) battery is completely dead and alternator not charging. I checked for voltage at the exciter wire with no results. I’m certain the alternator has gave up though. If someone has a wiring schematic of the charging system and a fuse panel diagram I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1NH575E2019-01-03 23:06

    I can do a screen shot of the fuse panel tomorrow if nobody else gets it first. DB Electric should have an alternator for a reasonable price. I think I got mine from there far a little over a hundred bucks.

  2. #2NH575E2019-01-04 20:58

    Here is the fuse panel layout for the Power Shuttle version.

  3. #3Mbar2019-01-04 22:12

    Awesome. That will be a big help since there is no manual in sight. The alternator ended up being bad. Stuck one on and gave it back to the customer. Probably going to get a service manual. Seems I’m working on it pretty often with something different every time. Nothing major yet. Thanks again for the help

  4. #4Theweldor2019-01-04 22:26

    Having the service manual for anything your working on is definitely the ticket.

  5. #5Mbar2019-01-04 22:30

    Your excatly right. I will almost refuse to trouble shoot deep wiring problems without one.