Cat mini x starts and runs for 30 seconds then blows the engine start fuse. Any help greatly appreciated
Serial number ?
0126672
Serial # 0126672.
You may want to post what amp fuse and the location in the fuse box. Better yet, a pic of the fuse box and location would be very helpful. Tracing the wiring through a schematic will give you directions to check.
Blower motor, alternator, and main power relay look to be all that is on that circuit, IF it's a 4AZ serial numbered machine. The serial number above is insufficient. I is looking at schematic here http://www.catsch.info/renr2849.html
Whatever that is it isn’t the machine Serial Number. Try posting a photo of the plate with the 17-digit PIN number.
The arrow points to the location where the plate should be.
Here’s a photo
Thanks for that info. I’ll check them out
OK, so it’s a 302.5C S/N GBB01025. I think the electrical schematic that HMC posted up was from the earlier model. They may be different.
Now the machine will crank but no power to the fuel pump. Fuse is good but not sure if there is a fuel pump relay and if there is which one is it.
If there is one it's probably referred to as the engine shutoff relay. I'll send you a copy of the electrical schematic applicable to your Serial Number. Easy way to check if the relay is functional is to swap it with the horn relay 10B. If the horn still works the relay must be good.