I'm considering buying a new Takeuchi TB240, and always thought they were very well built and reliable machines. I've been watching too many Takeuchi videos on youtube and noticed the engine would bog way down while digging on some, and one guy said he had a hydraulic pump replaced at 600 hours because it was doing this and started running a little hot. Is this a common issue on the Takeuchi's? And considering the Takeuchis only have a 2 year, 2000 hour warranty it makes me a little hesitant.
I can speak to my TK machines. I have had 3 TB153's my current one has around 4500 hours. I don't think I have spent 2k in those three machines in repairs. That being said, the AC is a problem area. Mine doesn't work hasn't for a long time and I don't plan on fixing it. I just bought a 257 (replacement of the 153), this engine is turboed. Hopefully it is as dependable as the others have been. Taki's can break just like everything else. I would demo the 240 and see how it handles, I have never run one. If it performs like you want, I wouldn't be afraid of buying it. You might be able to negotiate a longer warranty from the dealer if the standard warranty makes you feel uncomfortable.
What typically breaks on the AC? I was going to order one with a cab, but I don't really want to pay an extra $6000 for a cab if the AC is always going to be a problem. In the summer the cab just turns into a sauna without AC, and I'd be better off just getting the open ROPS. As long as the AC works, the cab is worth it in the summer.
I am not sure what exactly is the problem, but mine have been an issue on all of them. Perhaps it is just the model I get, I am not sure. Perhaps some guys that own a 240 can speak to that machine specifically. When it is warm I typically put the front window up and open the door. Heat is much more important for me than AC, and the heater always works so for me the cab is very much worth it.
Ok thanks for the reply. Where I'm at it gets hot in the summer. My current excavator has a cab but never had AC. When it gets hot in the summer I have all the doors and windows open and I roast in there. Your winters are a lot colder than mine so I can understand needing the heater.
I like the Tak stuff. As far as AC goes, especially out here in the west, this goes for all brands, keep your damn doors closed, vac and blow the cabs out often and get the windows tinted dark and you won't work the system so hard.
My Bobcat E42's air conditioner will almost make ice in the summer. One drink holder gets cooled by the AC, not sure if that's an intended design feature but it's great.
My AC indicator in a Takeuchi would always kick on and off making the cab get hot. It took me a couple years to figure out how to fix it, if you put the selector switch to front, back, and floor it will keep the AC pump kicked in all the time and the cab will be much more comfortable.
I have a Takeuchi TB240 I bought new. I also have a TB016, TB153FR, and TL130. Good machines. Contact me if you want more details on the good, the bad, and the ugly. Excellent performing machines. [email protected]
Well I can tell you that I know about the ugly. I have a last version TL130 that one of the previous owners made a absolute mess of. I've had it since January. The lack of maintenance was amazing. So much debris in the cab and under the fuel tank that the entire cab fills with water and stays there! I guess I didn't know enough about them to know what to look for when I bought it.. Relays missing, Solenoids missing, wires cut, motor mounts missing nuts and bolts. I could go on..... But it ran, but just barely got it on and off the trailer. Left travel motor seems slow/weak. It now has a 2018 Yanmar 4TNV88 engine in it. Last week I pulled the entire wiring harness out of it to make repairs to it. Once I get that back in, I'll start to tackle the hydraulic and fuel system. I have all the manuals but I might need help identifying a few components. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I've got TB180FR machines with 4k,5k,7k,and 10k hours. All on original pumps. My TB53FR has over 9k on original pumps. Only under 7k hours ac issue is the crappy RedDot AC button..
TL 130. What is this valve block and can I get just the solenoids? Mine are missing, as you can see. Can’t find them separated in the parts manual. It just lists the entire valve block.
I don't know your serial number, but they are in the parts book.
Here is the serial number. Don’t know if it makes a difference in the solenoids. Also, what is that valve block for? What’s it’s function ? Thx for looking through the manuals. I guess you just have to know where to look. Appreciate it.
I'm certain that the front most one is the pilot enable. There is a loose plunger pin that can be lost when removing the cartridge. If you lose the pin, the pilot won't enable, and, if you pilot works, someone probably put a longer pin in. The pin does come with new cartridge valve, but not with coil only.
I’m hoping I don’t have to take it apart, just put the electrical solenoids back on. The wires were cut and they were missing when I got it. Don’t know if any of it works. The engine ran and arm and bucket controls worked but that’s all I have for now. Since I’ve owned it, all I did was get it off the trailer and start taking it apart.
What does that sub valve block do? What is it’s function?
Wish I could click the like button more than once
I was up in the air about getting a tb250 over the new u48-5. I stopped and talked to the footer guys I work around and their first comment was the AC. The intake is at your feet and sucks all the dust up, can clog evaporator. Said its a $4k job to replace at dealer. I looked in their cabs and they had house filters taped in front of the intake(return).
#8 is the pilot lockout solenoid.
Would that cause my left drive not to function ? That’s the issue I’m having now.
I have a Tak TB-135 open cab, have used Yanmar 35 , Deere 35, Cat 303.5 with cab quite a lot. In my worthless opinion it seems that the Tak's seem to be better engineered and have smoother hydraulics that the other guys in these smaller machines. Yanmar has nice hydraulics but is gutless, Deere is good, Cat hydraulics not so smooth but has guts. Tak seems to have it all.