Hello, I have a 304C CR SN FPK03611. I installed a thumb today and am having issues with the thumb actuating on its own. After actuating the thumb in any direction it powers "Open" slowly on its own, all the way until it is fully open then lugs the engine down as if you are holding the switch in the open position. Here are the Facts: -Valve under the hood side hood is in the 12 Oclock for thumb/Clamshell -Prior to hooking up the thumb I tested the auxiliary hydraulics and they did the same thing, sticking in open position. -Thumb is new, AIM kit. Cylinder is new. -You can stop the thumb from opening on its own by rolling the switch slightly in the closed position. -If you pull the Left side operator presence "safety" lever up it will stop the thumb from moving on its own, but as soon as you drop it back down it keeps moving. -If you shut the machine off and start it back up the thumb does not move on its own. It only takes off on its own after you input a open or close command. Not sure where to start here, switch, pilot valve, main spool valve.
Switch or controller, or wherever the solenoids are, possibly spool sticking. Sounds like the control system is not adjusted properly for neutral, or the rocker is malfunctioning. Or as I mentioned the valve spool is sticking.
Does anyone have any pointers or troubleshooting procedures on where to start here? I located the Aux pilot solenoid valve under the floor just behind the battery.
Find the point where you can disconnect the wires going to it after you re-create the problem. If the issue goes away when you disconnect the solenoids it's most likely in the switch or driver.
Good day A positive way to work over the issue would be to obtain a hydraulic schematic later machines have a programable choice from the display. Kind regards Uffex
I switched the 2 deutz connectors going into the Pilot valve and the problem reversed to powering the thumb closed on its own. This tells me i have an issues in the joystick switch/control. Has anyone had any luck repairing these joysticks without buying the complete assembly?
Ain't there a calibration sequence for the thumbwheel?
Replaced the joystick assembly and the problem is fixed. Thank you