Need a Swing Pump for a LS 4800. Am in North Pole, Alaska. 907 978 0160
The last time I saw one of those machines was on a drive down highway 6 going to Raymond, WA from Chehalis. It was parked by a barn on the south side of the road somewhere between Lebam and Menlo.
Thanks for the response. This LS 4800 has a lot of new parts. It has heavy cat tracks and the under carriage looks good. But the swing pump was taken before I got it. I think that maybe the LS 4300 and the LS 4800 have the same swing pump. I will call Link Belt today to find out. There are many LS 4300s out there.
Does this machine have a separate swing pump from the main pump? As I recall the 4800 was a hybrid machine that used a closed loop system to run the swing.
I think it does have a separate swing pump. But I still need to do more research.
If you can get a part number or pump make and model maybe we can do more to help, or not.
LS 4800 PL has serial number 3968-147B Part number for swing pump is 40J0175 Swing pump is mounted onto main pump. Main pump is mounted onto engine shaft. It uses a Detroit 671 diesel engine. Service manual indicates same swing pump is used on LS4800, LS5800, LS6400, and LS7400 also need spline coupling to couple to main pump shaft and adapter.
This outfit shows an LS-5800 on their dismantled list, might give them a shout: UTAH TRACK & WELDING INC West Valley City, Utah 84128 Phone 801) 619-2837 Contact:Sam Oman Another possible, though they may need a core: Advanced hydraulics, Inc. 1965 Le Chatelier Laval (Quebec) Canada H7L 5B3 1.800.861.8858 450.686.1700 450.686.8680
Thanks for the information. This is a great forum. We are going to use this Link Belt for mining if we ever get it fixed. We found a swing pump in Mississippi for $9,000, but I think that is too much. When the weather breaks we will drive to Central, Alaska where there are lots of old mining equipment scattered all over the place. There might be an old link belt or two up there.
I hate to make negative statements, but I had a hydraulic outfit in Mississippi royally screw me a few years back, sent over ten grand up front for a new drive motor, received a completely wrong used one by truck, sent it back and it took several years to finally receive enough payments to get nearly all my money back. They may have changed the name, just be careful buying from any place that seems at all iffy. Hydrostatic Transmission Service 1644 Eason Blvd Tupelo, MS 38801