Looking for help with my 304C CR. Serial number FPK03541. The machine will randomly go completely dead. Then it will be fine for a month or so after a jump. I replaced the alternator and belt about a month and a half ago, replaced the battery with a CAT battery in the fall. Still having issues with it going completely dead. Today after jumping it to try and get a project done, the thumb would not work and the machine would not turn off when the key was turned off and removed. Any suggestions on where to begin? Thanks in advance.
I don't claim to be an expert on this topic but if it were me I'd start by checking all of the main ground lugs for corrosion. So many times electrical gremlins can be traced to a bad ground.
I'd second the recommendation about checking the grounding. An Electrical Schematic could be your best friend. If you want one start a Conversation with me (click on my username) and send me your email address.
What helps finding battery draws is looking for warm fuses and relays when machine is cold
Very true. Don't matter how many volts or amps that are in the battery if they can not find their way back to the battery they are not going to do any work!
See attached electrical schematic
Lets see if this will upload 304C CR RENR9638 Electrical Schematic.pdf