When I turn engine off it keeps running. So I have to open engine cover and push manual fuel shut off. I am trying to diagnose problem before buying new solenoi. I am assuming solenoid is normally closed, and when opens to start. Engine starts fine just won’t shutoff. I checked for voltage to solenoid with key on, and there was none, does voltage to solenoid only happen when engine is cranking? I was by myself so I didn’t have a way to test my theory. A buddy told me he had a piece of equipment that sent voltage when engine was cranking then sent voltage from another source to keep solenoid open after,engine,started. The solenoi has two wires I didn’t know if one was ground and the other a hot or both,were,hots from two different sources. Cat 305 dgt02313
Usually if they have a pull in and hold in coil, they will have three wires. usually two wire is just a single coil. Try disconnecting the alternator when trying to turn the key off. Sometimes you can have a failed diode and backfeed the ignition circuit. I’ll look at the schematic and get some better info.
This one is a 2-wire type. In the absence of any information to the contrary I get the impression that it is "energized to stop" because it is operated from a "shutoff timer" that is part of the electrical system. Try applying 12v directly to the pink wire on the solenoid. Does it operate.?
Looks like this machine has an engine shut off timer. Part number 231-7928 pin number three is from the shut off solenoid. Timer is at Location C. I sent you some information
I applied 12 volts to pink+ and black- and solenoid closed
Then timer or fuse is bad.
Looks like timer is located underneath seat on side panel hard to get to. So the 3 wire should have a temporary signal when machine is turned off?
There is a fuse box right in front of it under seat, schematic has a picture of a clock on it. Is that it.
Looks like a **** poor way of turning off fuel, timer is $403
I’ll send you a schematic. From memory you will have to check incoming power at the timer on 2 different wires, then turn off the key and see if you get power coming out of it on the pink wire coming out of the timer - the same wire you put power to at the solenoid end. Before condemning the timer you should make sure that it is getting the appropriate power supply and also that there is no lack-of-continuity issue on the pink wire between the timer and the shutoff solenoid. Lastly you have to check that the black wire at the solenoid has continuity to machine frame ground.
$80 if you can wait until February. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804699382712.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt
Thanks
Timer is working the way it is supposed to When removed on a bench test
My 2010 305 wouldn’t shut off had to choke off air intake .after trouble shooting for few days also noticed my radio wasn’t working I replaced the fuse and engine shuts off ? What ever I’ll take an easy fix any day