Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any CAT guys able to help understand the differences? 302.7 07A CR vs 302.7D CR vs 302.7A CR

s2dm · 2024-01-20 07:11

Hey All, looking at a few cat 302.7s, all open ROPS, all 21 or 22s. But seeing wide discrepancy in pricing and cant tell the differences between the following: 302.7 07A CR 302.7D CR 302.7A CR Found a good deal on an under 400hrs 302.7 07A CR but a touch anxious about grabbing it with cash a bit tight due to new baby at home. Just want to make sure I fully understand the differences.

Replies5
  1. #1ahart2024-01-20 08:14

    The D is an older model than the other two, before they did away with the “letter” models. As for the 07A/7A, I cannot find any supporting information from Cat that mentions this. On the for sale sites, they all seem to be CZ6 prefix machines. The book mentions nothing about “07a” Maybe someone else will come along and point out the difference but I don’t see anything obvious.

  2. #2heymccall2024-01-20 08:27

    About 900# if it has the expandable undercarriage.

  3. #3ahart2024-01-20 08:38

    Can you explain further? Was that offered on both the D and the nextgen? I’m not at all familiar with these landscaping machines.

  4. #4Vetech632024-01-20 09:08

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  5. #5s2dm2024-01-20 14:14

    I guess maybe a better question would be, less than a year old, still under cat premium warranty, few hundred hours, anything to worry about?