Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3066 cat

bobin35 ยท 2009-11-19 20:29

Anyone out there know what model of mitsubishi engine is in a 320B?

Replies12
  1. #1tootalltimmy2009-11-20 00:03

    The web pages I looked at said the 320B has a 128hp Caterpillar engine, not Mitsubushi. Model 3066T

  2. #2bobin352009-11-20 05:22

    I know cat calls it a 3066 but i still think its a mitsubishi built motor as i found a mitsu heavy industries sticker on valve cover but no other info on that sticker..

  3. #3drewtam2009-11-21 20:18

    bobin, are you looking for parts, or general knowledge?

  4. #4bobin352009-11-21 21:23

    Possibly a new engine which you cant get from cat due to emission contol laws!!

  5. #5drewtam2009-11-23 14:46

    Can't get a new engine from Cat??? Is this a gray market machine? EPA certified versions of the 3066, 320B has been sold into US. As I recall, the certified and the non-certified versions weren't very different on the outside. Maybe different pistons bowl geometry and injectors and timing. I'm not entirely sure. The local Cat dealer should help. This 320 class hex is a very popular selling machine. I 'm sure the dealer can help get rebuild parts, a direct replacement, or retrofit a certified engine. Have you tried them yet? Of course, I recommend following all federal and state EP laws. :thumbsup

  6. #6John C.2009-11-23 20:36

    I have never run across a Cat engine that wasn't certified for the US, even in gray market machines. If you haven't contacted your local dealer I would try them first. If you have and they are who told you parts weren't available I'd get the engine number and call another Cat dealer asking for history on this motor. That engine should be at least a Tier 1. So far I have heard of no restrictions on exchange units or rebuild parts. Good Luck!

  7. #7Willis Bushogin2009-11-23 22:13

    Cat engine Try calling Jerry or Tommy in Cat used parts/construction equipment. They did have a used and new engine a few months ago. When you call this number, you have to use that automated press 1 or press 2 thingee, so be prepared This is Gregory Poole Equipment Co, they are a big Cat dealer in our area 252-946-1081. Good Luck

  8. #8Dam Minh Thang2010-01-02 10:43

    As I know 320, 320B use S6KT misubishi engine

  9. #9captcws2010-01-02 10:50

    The 3066 engine is a Mitsuibshi S6KT used in French built machines as per an agreement with the French government as a requirement for any machine made there. I have a 320L with this engine and parts are hard to find when looking outside of a Cat dealer unless you find one burned or parting out.

  10. #10onald122014-11-28 04:28

    cat 3066 engine is exactly the same with mitsubishi S6K or S6K-T. i heard cat design the engine but mitsubishi build the engine.

  11. #11onald122014-11-28 04:37

    http://www.midif.fr/en/moteur.php?id=81

  12. #12tight2015-06-17 08:28

    are there any common trucks that uses the same engine