Hi, I have a 307SSR, serial 2FL02457 that I have owned for a few years. Fortunately I haven't needed to buy any OEM parts for it in the past, but at this point the swing drive seals need to be replaced. I have searched the internet and based on what I've read Caterpillar now has a document that cross references grey market machines to their US sold counterparts, thereby allowing grey market equipment owners to call a Cat dealer and order parts. My local dealer has had no interest in helping the few times that I have called down there, as soon as I say "307SSR" they don't want to deal with it. I've also looked for the Japanese parts manual for the machine as I have read that the part descriptions are all in Japanese but the part numbers are valid in the US. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have any suggestions or information that will help? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Yes that document does exist. It’s called the ISJ Commonality Chart. I’ll post up a copy later. Without looking at it I’m not sure if your particular machine has a non-Japanese equivalent. I’ll investigate if a Parts Manual is available and report back. The ones I’ve seen previously the Part Descriptions are in Japanese but the numbers are in English.
Link to ISJ commonality chart... https://lnx.numeralkod.com/wordpress/dealer-index/models/models-prefix/# No 2FL in there.
HMC is correct, there is no 2FL-prefix 307SSR in the Commonality Chart. However there is a Japanese-built 307SSR listed with S/N prefix FL1. I've looked in another resource and there is no record of a 307SSR having been built in Japan with an FL1 S/N prefix as stated in the Commonality Chart, 2FL was the only iteration of the 307SSR ever built in Japan as far as I can see. Therefore it is my belief that the "FL1" prefix referred to in the chart is a misprint and should actually be 2FL. To make certain I looked up the Japanese-language Parts Manual XJBP7178 that is listed on the Commonality Chart, and there on the front cover it is listed as being for an 307SSR of S/N-prefix 2FL. See below.
Thank you both for your insight. Nige, may I ask where I can buy that book for $104? I have searched ebay to no avail. I'd prefer a hard copy as it's hard to drag my computer outside to look at the machine.
To get a copy of the book, go to https://catpublications.com/ When the popup window appears click on "Continue as Guest" Enter XJBP7178 in the window at the top of the page and hit Enter. That will take you straight to it. Add to Cart and go through the checkout procedure. There may be some shipping charges on top of the $104 price of the manual. I think you are correct in your comment that the Japanese Parts Manuals have the Part Numbers in English and Part Descriptions in Japanese. Certainly the ones I've seen before were that way, but I have no idea about this particular one. The illustration of the front cover seems to confirm that. Unfortunately for you there is no model of 307SSR built for the non-Japanese market, so there is no English information available at all for this particular machine,