A friend is selling a 2010 308D CR, steel tracks, long arm, blade, hydraulic pin grabber, 3700hrs. Cosmetically the machine is in average shape, recently it broke a valve and a local shop installed a good used engine. The engine was out of a 308C so a non turbo engine with a few HP less than the turbo engine it came with. It runs and operates well, undercarriage is in pretty good shape, but it does not track straight so going to need some work there. He has one digging bucket, a nice newer tilt bucket, and a ripper for it. I am seeing prices for these all over the place. From 25-50k. What would be a fair price for both of us? I would be spending some money($2k?) on a new drive, but other than that it turn key but with an engine out of an older machine not that that really matters? Any input? Thanks!
I know this is a super old post, but it sparks my interest in that I have a 2008 308D CR with a Mitsubishi 4M40 in it (yuck), and often wondered what would "fit" into the unit with minimal modifications to replace the 4M40. This engine is a nightmare to work on as the valves are not field adjustable in that you have to have shims on top of caps that ride directly against the cam lobes....and finding these shims is dang near impossible. Not to mention the machine gets HOT in summer time such that I have to let it cool down. I know there are lots of issues with the heads on these "cracking" and causing over heating, but I have gone over it with a fine toothed comb....(get it, Heads....combs?) Anyway, this machine is my go to out at my farm, and for what it does, I would love to keep it as my forever machine, but it is not cooperating!