Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310 g differential lock issues

1968gto400 ยท 2016-01-16 15:33

After getting my 310 g backhoe stuck plowing snow I tried to use the diff lock but nothing happened when the pedal was pressed, have 12 v at pedal and when pressed it completes the circuit ,I removed the diff lock solenoid but do not see any voltage on wire connectors ,not sure how or what to do. Can anyone help me ,I was told by a friend that the hydradulics were too full, would this cause it to not lock in going up a hill or maybe I am not using it right . I really look forward to some replies as I am new to heavy equipment .

Replies1
  1. #1JoeC.JD2016-01-19 20:54

    "Press down and hold diff lock foot switch to lock rear diff. Unequal traction will keep the rear diff locked. If the diff lock foot switch is released, the diff lock disengages automatically when traction evens out. Hold differential lock foot switch continuously to keep rear differential locked when traction is even." Thats from deere's manual. If your checking for power at the solenoid with it sitting still you will need somone to hold the switch down while you check it.