Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310a questions

soso ยท 2010-08-31 14:51

i picked a 310a jd backhoe 2 weeks ago i have a few questions for yous 1. were is the screen in the trans? is the big plug above the filter? 2. brake pedal on the right goes to the floor but will pump up, likely in the brake block or do i need to look in the trans to find problem 3. does any one have a service manual for this machine? i sure could use one, but at close to 500 bucks at jd dealer, ouch i will try to post some pics of it latter thanks tom :notworthy

Replies8
  1. #1soso2010-08-31 20:34

    pics of my new hoe some pics of my 310

  2. #2soso2010-09-02 19:04

    anyone?

  3. #3willie592010-09-02 19:24

    Transmission screen is on right side toward front of transmision. You should go to the Deere website and view the parts pages on your machine, you can learn a good bit just doing this even without service manual. The screen is item #9 in pic. It's not unusual for them to be stuck in there if it hasn't been removed for some time. I've had to use a good deal of pulling pressure to get them to pop out on some I've worked on.

  4. #4jd310a2010-12-06 19:29

    NICE hoe....I am glad i am not the only one with one of these units...I got about 3 good days work out of it then some trouble. since i just bought it ( 75 310a) and have identical issues...did you ever have any luck with solving your issues? I am in Arkansas and it is just gettging cold here and that seemed to correlate with slow hydraulics.

  5. #5soso2010-12-07 15:38

    re isues i did clear up a few issues brakes just had to be blead there are two bleeder screws , one on inbourd side of each axle, i just pushed each brake pedal with bleed screw open till oil ran bubble free,changed all the filters all was good good luck tom ps let me know if you find a service manual i still need one

  6. #6jd310a2010-12-07 19:33

    I dont have a service manual, however, Deere.com has extensive exploded view diagrams for the jd310a as well as others... http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt thanks for the brake bleed tip...

  7. #7Jwelch2012-01-22 10:43

    this great info I need to bleed mine as they are doing the same thing. I do have a question about the shuttle shift. My JD310a will shift to forward only now. last time i used it it would shift forward and reverse roughly but would shift. what should I look for. I know that Ive got to check the trany screen...do I have to drain the oil first? or pull and plug while Im cleaning the screen?

  8. #8sbarrett2012-01-23 07:09

    hey guys,great to see some other 310a owners on this forum.i got a service manual on line for my 1982 310a,can,t remember which site,but i think there were several companies that offered them for about $35.00 you will need to drain the oil first,then the screen will come out the same side the filter is on, behind the short piece if hydraulic hose,i tried to take the plug out of the other side to remove it,but it won,t go out that way,also,be sure to check the rollpin underneath that connects the reverser shaft to the side housing,previous owner on mine stuck a nail in there and it wasn,t allowing full travel,good luck,let me know if i can help in any way.