Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE won’t move forward

pietru ยท 2010-08-31 12:07

Hi everyone, I would appreciate if you could help me identify my problem. My CASE 580SE 1983 suddenly stopped going forward. Reverse will work after I gas it for a couple of seconds but forward doesn't. I can feel some tension in the wheels like it is trying to move forward but that is all I get. The dealer told me I probably have broken springs in the shuttle assembly and it would cost over 2300$ to repair. I almost died right there, I just bought the machine! Any ideas??? Thanks! Pierre

Replies3
  1. #1RHINOS TRANNYS2010-08-31 23:11

    You dealer is right, I just finished rebuilding one in a 580C witch is the same as yours. and it came to about $2500.00. I have done about 20 of them and did the same as yours did. The only fix is to rebuild. You say that you just bought it, is there any warranty?

  2. #2Bill Smith2010-09-01 07:25

    Rhinos Trannys the $ 2500 you paid to rebuild your shuttle was that your cost doing it youself including taking out of the machine Or is this what it cost to do it at the dealer regards Bill

  3. #3RHINOS TRANNYS2010-09-01 19:54

    That is what it cost the gay who owns it. I did the job were I work. We used to be a Case dealer.