Hey all my 310b does the following: -very slow boom up -extremely slow buck tilt up -shifting into reverse takes a long time, it will roll backwards slightly then after 5 seconds engage with full power -hoe has slow boom up stick up -very under powered whilst digging often when I first start the machine the problems vanish, everything works fairly fast, but after a short period go back to working very slowly or not working at all (boom up, bucket up). I know very little about hydraulics, what should my first step be? Thank you
Buy the manual. Have you changed the filters/screen? Checked the fluid levels? Is this a new machine for you, or do you have any history on it? Sounds like you could be sucking air, or aerating the fluid. Or the pump could be completely worn out, the pump and oil would be hot in that case when it was slow, and cool when it's works right. I'm thinking the transmission is separate from the hydraulics, but I've been wrong often too.
Welcome to HEF, Stixx !!!
Thanks for the reply I have all the service manuals and changed out all the filters/screens drained all fluids and put new in not 100 hours ago. I have had the machine for 2 years, no service history. let me look into trans and hyd. I believe they use the same fluid and filters.
So I decided to try something, I retracted every cylinder I could, so boom all the way up, stick up, bucket up, outriggers up and loader down. It shifts great, the loader and bucket work great and fast, only trouble is the stick has to be way in the air for this to work. What would cause this? Its like having all the cylinders I can sucked in gives me all the fluid back, but when I check the fluid level as per manual I get a perfect reading. I am thinking its the pressure control valve possibly from what I have been reading in the service manual. Its suppose to give priority to steering and backhoe and limits flow to loader. So with the backhoe cylinders all pushed in the control valve slides to direct flow to loader since it now has higher pressure.... Again I don't know much about hydraulics but this seems like if I pull this control valve off and inspect/replace it might get me going again. Anyone have any thoughts?
Are your hydraulic problems limited to just the front loader? and the backhoe works fine at all times? How does the fluid look when you are having slow hydraulics and slow shifting? Milky? aerated? What does the manual say to do to check slow hydraulics? check the charge pressure on the main hydraulic pump? does that oil pressure come from the transmission?