Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310B won’t move

Svendrick ยท 2025-06-09 07:03

Hello and thanks in advance for any insight. So, was using my machine to move a chipper around from wood pile to wood pile. At the last pile I shut it down, when done started it and now can't get it to move in forward or reverse both high and low range are the same. I moved it with the hoe from where it was about 100'. So the tires freely spin and do not when in park. As it should. I've had experience with misalignment of the shift lever so checked that even though it seemed fine, and it was fine. I've got no clue where to look next. The clutch linkage looks fine, when I depress the pedal I can see everything moving. Hopefully this is something stupid I am overlooking or don't have experience with. Thank you again.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612025-06-09 11:52

    Check the roll pin on the clutch linkage between the pedal and the transmission control valve.

  2. #2Svendrick2025-06-09 16:19

    Thank you I will.

  3. #3Svendrick2025-06-11 18:08

    So, the rod connected to the roll pin WAS disconnected. I put clevis pin back in, didn't make a difference. It is turning, doesn't move much but it's turning nonetheless. Does the reverser need a rebuild? Would that cause the machine to take a few seconds to start moving when the clutch is released? It's been this way since I bought it a few years back.

  4. #4mg23612025-06-12 04:58

    That pin connection needs to be tight with no play.

  5. #5Svendrick2025-06-13 16:59

    That connection is the problem, thank you again. I took all the linkage apart and manually turned the roll pin with the tires in the air. That solved the problem of the slow starts as well. From what I can tell the linkage needs adjusting. Pretty easy fix considering. I was expecting to see wear, where the holes line up for a cotter/clevis pin to go but there isn't. So I'll just turn everything back a bit so the clutch spring can do it's job. Thank you again mg2361.