Has anyone ever takin a injection pump off a JD 310C backhoe I let my brother in law borrow it an he ran it out of fuel I've tried a new lift pump, new filters, blowing back up through the tank an cleaning the check vavle out on top of the injection pump :Banghead I've took pumps off Masseys tractors before but a Deere is a whole different machine
I can walk you thru it.. BUT before you pull the pump try this>> Remove the return fitting from the top of the pump..NOT JUST THE LINE BUT the entire fitting..look in it.. is it clogged w/ debris? Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS and spin the engine over until you get fuel squirting out the lines.. Leave the fitting off the top of the pump. Removal is EASY.. BUT it should be timed FIRST.. Shut off the fuel at the tank.. remove the little side cover[2 screws] Rotate the engine over "by hand" until the 2 timing marks line up..and its timed. Remove the lines, linkage and the 2 or 3 nuts holding it on the engine and pull back..DONE I can help w/ rebuild if you need it.
I've took the return fitting off an cleaned it out twice becuase it was clogged It runs about 10 hours an cloggs agin Never thought about loosening the lines at the injectors Theres a one way valve in the fitting I'm not sure what you mean when you say leave the return fitting off the top of the pump Leave it off all together or just to get the trash out? Then put it back on an close the injectors
Leave it off ..and try to start the engine.W the inj. lines loose, to get the air out. Once you get fuel TOO the injectors..tighten the lines up..Leave the fitting OFF the pump>> NOW THAT THE ENGINE IS RUNNING,,[and making a mess] install the top cover pieces, 1 at a time..waiting afew minutes before adding each piece.. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, it shuts off after you install the check valve.. Whats happening is>> the 'FLEX RING" inside the pump is breaking apart and clogging the return fitting[check valve]'' On that system, if you cant get fuel OUT[RETURN].. YOU CANT GET FUEL in.. IF you don't want to spend the $$ to get the pump fixed , you can knock out the check ball and wait afew weeks/months for the motor to blow.. Not trying to be rude.. but that's the facts.
I think on that engine the gear has to be pulled off the pump and left inside the timing cover, at least that's where the previous owner gave up on mine... Listen to pumpguy, he seems to know his stuff.
If you can provide the pump#'s off the nameplate, I can tell you if the drive shaft stays with the pump or the engine.
You may have a dirty, corroded fuel tank. Mine began leaking at the bottom. Had to remove it and do a full restore.