I have a backhoe and it is spitting hydraulic fluid out at my feet around the gasket and right out of the gear shifter base where it goes into tranny. I have put about 8 gallons in there in two days. I also have no idea what year the machine is or if anyone knows where I could get a repair manual that would be great. Any info on this machine would be appreciated. Tractor number is C213114, Model D5011F, Unit 8H16B, Engine 8F24A(Diesel) Transmission SH05B I am not really that knowledgeable about mechanics, but not afraid to take apart and try and fix. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Jeff
I think you have a 4500, i think the D5011F is, D 4000 series, 50 industrial, 1 diesel, 1 no pto, and F is a 4x4 t-c power reversing trans. It could be over filled, or I think some had a fitting/tube with a banjo bolt just to the front of the shifter cover that went to the trans filter ?, may be thinking of a 555 also that I had replaced the two seals several months ago that was blowing oil down both side of the trans housing. I have also seen those covers loose/screws not tight sending fluid out from the gasket area, just thinking back some.
Thank you, I am going to take that cover off and look inside, clean it up with a new gasket and see what happens. would you have any idea of who or where I could get parts, a repair manual, etc.
when you take it off...there is a little spring in the back. Don;t lose it or you will not be able to shift.
You mentioned in another thread that you had filled the transmission, (filler between your legs), completely up to the top. If you did, that is all there is to your leak. There is a pipe plug on the side, about 6 or 8 inches down that is the correct fill level. I have seen many a shift cover with no gasket under it, as that is not a pressurized compartment. As you run it, the oil expands with heat. Normally this just results in air being vented, but if you don't have these inches of air space, it will force oil out where ever is easiest. Be careful when looking for the level plug that you don't take a bolt out the side that looks like it is in the right place, because it is what your rear shift rail pivots on. Good luck, Mitch
Oh, btw, this compartment is only for the transmission, it has nothing to do with the hydraulics.