Sold my old faithful JD310D. Over the years she has built houses, septic systems, cleared creekbeds, buried livestock and given me both pain and pleasure (pain when the #3 piston exited the block and pleasure showing my son how to operate it) First photos show the old girl going to the new owner, and later photos show her replacement, a JD310G with 4WD. The new one has some issues but nothing that can't be fixed with the tech manual and $$$$. Definitely cheaper than a new 310J though!
trucks Not trying to start a argument, but is it legal to pull the backhoe with either of the trucks you show? It would be border line in my area with the dually you show, but the single axle would get me a out of service sticker and if I didnt have a CDL, it would get me another ticket. How do I know this, 6 years ago I found out the hard way.:Banghead I see your other post about the DT466, get engine get truck. Thats what I got to pull my backhoe, when I got the ticket. No speed demon, but I live in the flat lands and it does a great job. I also had a DT466 in a tandem axle dump truck, with a 8LL, pulled great
TX, How do you like the G so far? Also does the 6.0 pull the hoe and trailer?? And willis, yea nc does suck. They sit here at the top of the state line/ mountain and bust anything that looks commercial left and right. They are going to give you a ticket no matter what. Matter of fact I've never heard of someone getting pulled and not getting one. ointhead But alot of ppl over here pull this way.
Neither truck is mine The blue truck was a fellow who was contracted to deliver the old 310D to the purchaser. The white truck was the guy who I bought the hoe from...negotiated the delivery in the price. The new Deere is much tighter than the D model, thousands of hours less use! Of course you always find sins after the money changes hands and I'm in the middle of fixing stabilizer drift. I broke down yesterday and bought the JD TM1886 repair manual for the specs to repair the machine. Looks like a pretty simple task after the valve is removed. I'm on my way to Tucson tomorrow to buy the dump truck and trailer to haul the hoe. Found a real clean Intl 4700 and a trailking 10T trailer. The wife and I are making the 1000 mis. drive back to TX this weekend. Pics. to follow after the trip.
4 wheel drive You may have a hundred other 4 wheel drive backhoes, but if you don't and this is your first one, you'll be chunking rocks at those 2 wheel drives in about 15 minutes after operating one. Just be sure and keep the front end on the ground when you're gettin' a bucket full. I use the loader more than the back end on my 420D Cat. I'm partial to JD's though, my first one was a 210C 4x4 backhoe. Thought it was a monster. By the way, glad to see you're busy enough to upgrade.